My Aunt posted this on another blog and I really liked it. Thanks Tamra!
Calories can be cruel. Sweat through a 30 min workout and you can melt 200. Eat a few bites of that cookie dough ice cream in the freezer and you’re right back where you started. Here are 25 effortless ways to cut 100 calories and in no time that muffin top will be gone!
1. Swap O.J. for the real deal- one fresh orange.
2. Split your bagel with your co-worker or 5 year old.
3. Order pancakes, but hold the butter.
4. Dip your chips in salsa rather than guacamole.
5. Pass up the croutons at the salad bar.
6. Hold the mayo and use only mustard instead.
7. Go bunless- shed your hamburger bun.
8. Drain the heavy syrup from your can of fruit cocktail, then rinse with water before eating.
9. Lay off the potato chips and have a handful of pretzels.
10. Eating two or more slices of pizza? Blot off the grease with a napkin.
11. Have sugar free jell-O instead of pudding. Better your treat jiggle than your thighs.
12. Saute meat and veggies in chicken broth (low sodium is best) instead of oil.
13. Substitute nonfat Greek yogurt for a serving of sour cream…really.
14. Can the cone. Have your ice cream in a bowl. Just not the largest bowl in your cabinet.
15. Use tuna packed in water, not oil.
16. Have 1/2 cup of grapes instead of that tiny box of raisins.
17. Pass up a Wendy’s baked potato with sour cream and chives and chow down on value fries instead. Amazingly true.
18. Skip the two packets of bbq sauce and eat your burger and fries plain.
19. Treat yourself to an ice-cream cone at Mcdonald’s instead of Dairy Queen.
20. Leave the cheese out of your sandwich.
21. Fill your bowl with sorbet instead of ice cream, you can still have an extra 1/2 cup and still slash calories.
22. Get white rice instead of fried with your lemon chicken.
23. Dip your dinner roll in marinara sauce instead of olive oil.
24. Avoid anything breaded. Flour and bread crumbs add more calories, but also absorb oil and butter.
25. Go with the baked potato (butter only) instead of the mashed, as your side of choice.