My Aunt posted this on another blog and I really liked it. Thanks Tamra!
Calories can be cruel. Sweat through a 30 min workout and you can melt 200. Eat a few bites of that cookie dough ice cream in the freezer and you’re right back where you started. Here are 25 effortless ways to cut 100 calories and in no time that muffin top will be gone!
1. Swap O.J. for the real deal- one fresh orange.
2. Split your bagel with your co-worker or 5 year old.
3. Order pancakes, but hold the butter.
4. Dip your chips in salsa rather than guacamole.
5. Pass up the croutons at the salad bar.
6. Hold the mayo and use only mustard instead.
7. Go bunless- shed your hamburger bun.
8. Drain the heavy syrup from your can of fruit cocktail, then rinse with water before eating.
9. Lay off the potato chips and have a handful of pretzels.
10. Eating two or more slices of pizza? Blot off the grease with a napkin.
11. Have sugar free jell-O instead of pudding. Better your treat jiggle than your thighs.
12. Saute meat and veggies in chicken broth (low sodium is best) instead of oil.
13. Substitute nonfat Greek yogurt for a serving of sour cream…really.
14. Can the cone. Have your ice cream in a bowl. Just not the largest bowl in your cabinet.
15. Use tuna packed in water, not oil.
16. Have 1/2 cup of grapes instead of that tiny box of raisins.
17. Pass up a Wendy’s baked potato with sour cream and chives and chow down on value fries instead. Amazingly true.
18. Skip the two packets of bbq sauce and eat your burger and fries plain.
19. Treat yourself to an ice-cream cone at Mcdonald’s instead of Dairy Queen.
20. Leave the cheese out of your sandwich.
21. Fill your bowl with sorbet instead of ice cream, you can still have an extra 1/2 cup and still slash calories.
22. Get white rice instead of fried with your lemon chicken.
23. Dip your dinner roll in marinara sauce instead of olive oil.
24. Avoid anything breaded. Flour and bread crumbs add more calories, but also absorb oil and butter.
25. Go with the baked potato (butter only) instead of the mashed, as your side of choice.
There have been times when I may have;
bugged you, or
got on your nerves with all the blogs I post,
So today I just wanna tell you that…
I PLAN TO CONTINUE !
The car pictured in this note is a Mercedes Maybach..
Notice the ‘recliner’ rear seats, and the ‘electrostatic’ sunroof.
The sunroof turns from opaque to crystal clear depending on
the passengers preference.
NOW, STOP DREAMING AND GET BACK TO WORK! (BE HAPPY WITH WHAT YOU’VE GOT)!
Here is the red box code for today…
Let me know what movie you got!
The value of a sister
Who doesn’t have one.
The value of ten years:
Ask a newly
The value of four years:
Ask a graduate.
The value of one year:
Ask a student who
Has failed a final exam.
The value of nine months:
Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
The value of one month:
Ask a mother
who has given birth to
A premature baby.
The value of one week:
Ask an editor of a weekly newspaper.
The value of one minute:
Ask a person
Who has missed the train , bus or plane.
The value of one-second:
Ask a person
Who has survived an accident.
Time waits for no one.
Treasure every moment you have.
You will treasure it even more when
you can share it with someone special.
To realize the value of a friend or family member:
The origin of this letter is unknown.
But it brings good luck to everyone who passes it on.
And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn. (Luke 2:7)
OMGosh, what a day today has already been… I have some updates to my family …
- My step mom had surgery on April 3ed; she had a lesion in her mouth. She had to have it removed, it was on her tongue. Everything went pretty well. My dad took her home so that she could rest.
About 2-3 hours later my dad had to take her to the ER because she had some bleeding and pain. The dr. and nurses were extremely worried because her tongue had swollen up extremely bad. They admitted her in to the hospital or observation over night.
The results came back about the biopsy and they found that it was cancer. They will have to do surgery again. It will be on the 24th. We are hoping that they will be able to get it all out this time and she will be okay.
- My mom called me about 6:45am today… the first thing she said to me was “get your sister on the phone” I questioned her and she just told me to hurry… (The last time she did that is when we found out that my aunt had gone missing). Marie did not answer so I just talked to my mom.
She informed me that my Aunt Anita had been found. She was found in California yesterday. Miles was arrested after a short foot pursuit. Anita was then arrested without problems in a motel in Vallejo.
Anita will be in California for up to 45 days, then she will go back to North Carolina. Anita has been able to talk to my Grandpa and also to her husband. As expected she is scared.
- My mothers Father-In-Law is going to be having surgery today. He is going to have his left foot removed due to problems. I do not know all of the details. Please keep him in your prayers….
- My last bit of news…. Andy was laid off yesterday. All 10 of the people that were in his training class back in February we all let go. They did not give him much info or details. So we are back to looking for a new job. If anyone hears of one PLEASE LET US KNOW!
Thank you to everyone that has prayed for my family and thank you to everyone that has put our names on the Temple Pray roles. When I get some more updates on each family member I will let you all know.
I am so excited for this Lia Sophia Party! It is going to be on Friday April 17 @ 6:45. Please bring some friends, If you do you will get FREE shipping on your order. I hope to see you all !!!
For More info Please ask!!